One of the key tenets of DevOps is continuous integration and continuous deployment. Containers have become a key technology for the configuration and deployment of applications and microservices. Kubernetes is a container orchestration platform that provides foundational services in Red Hat®OpenShift Container Platform. DO285 combines the content from Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat® OpenShift (DO180) and Red Hat OpenShift Administration I (DO280).
This course is based on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 3.5.
This course helps you build core knowledge and skills in managing containers through hands-on experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and the Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform. OpenShift Container Platform is a containerized application platform that allows enterprises to manage container deployments and scale their applications using Kubernetes. OpenShift Container Platform provides predefined application environments and builds upon Kubernetes to provide support for DevOps principles such as reduced time to market, infrastructure as code, continuous integration (CI), and continuous delivery (CD). Red Hat OpenShift Administration I (DO285) is a hands-on, lab-based course that teaches system administrators how to install, configure, and manage OpenShift clusters.
- Container, Docker, and OpenShift architecture
- Creating containerized services
- Managing containers and container images
- Creating custom container images
- Deploying multi-container applications
- Installing an OpenShift cluster
- Configuring and managing masters and nodes
- Securing OpenShift Container Platform
- Controlling access to resources on OpenShift Container Platform
- Monitoring and collecting metrics on OpenShift Container Platform
- Deploying applications on OpenShift Container Platform using source-to-image (S2I)
- Managing storage on OpenShift Container Platform