In this five-day course, you focus on installing, configuring, and managing VMware vCloud Director® for Service Providers 9.x. You learn about self-service provisioning, the creation of organizations, virtual data centers (VDCs), catalog services that include predefined virtual machines, and on-demand VMware NSX® networks.
This course covers interfacing VMware vCloud Director® with other systems using various APIs and the integration and use of VMware vCloud® Availability for vCloud Director®. You will understand how to manage multisite, cross-VDC networking for vCloud Director. You will also understand how to configure Central Point of Management (CPOM) to define a Software-defined Datacenter (SDDC) for tenant and provider users of vCloud Director. This course also discusses how to monitor various vCloud Director objects using VMware vRealize® Operations™, Tenant vApp, and VMware vRealize® Log Insight™.
|By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
• Deploy vCloud Director
• Manage vCloud Director to satisfy service provider needs
• Create and manage vCloud Director organizations and vApps to satisfy business needs
• Create and manage vCloud Director catalogs
• Transfer virtual machine workloads from VMware vSphere® into and out of vCloud Director
• Configure networking for organizations and vApps with the help of NSX
• Use NSX to create hybrid cloud connectivity between public clouds and private clouds
• Discuss various customer onboarding scenarios involving vCloud Director
• Configure the integration with VMware vCloud® Availability for vCloud Director®
• Use VMware vCloud® Availability for hybrid cloud setup and onboardingPrerequisites:Completion of the following course is required:
• VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.x] or equivalent knowledge
Substantial knowledge of TCP/IP networking is helpful.Outline